Thursday, April 17, 2008

be still.

Hear my prayer, O LORD
Give ear to my supplications!
In Your faithfulness answer me,
And in your righteousness.
-psalm 143:1

~

Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies;
In You i take shelter.
Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God,
Your spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.
-psalm 143:9-10

~

For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.
- 1 peter 3:12

~

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD,
"He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust."
-psalm 91:1-2

~

verses to calm the heart of doubt, which i sometimes find myself doing. how can i ever doubt the irrefutable Truth?

as the journey ends and another begins, i'm making a point to cast away unbelief and doubt, and to learn much more about the power of prayer and leaning on His Word so much more. and to consciously live for the Lord each passing moment.

it's the eve of my thesis submission. and a stillness and calmness takes over me.

the Lord is good.

"where else have we to go, where you alone have words of eternal life."

No comments: