Monday, September 24, 2007

eat.

i literally spent my weekend eating. starting from thursday.

i met up with teacher aileen, join, sisi and louisa at ikea alexandra for our usual swedish meatballs food outing. it started a year ago with my then-ypg2 discussion group. the missing people are jaymie who had driving, and aldine who is in perth. we had a great time of fellowship over a huge dinner and it was jolin's starting-work-treat. =)

on friday night after class, i had an even HUGER dinner with shannie, louisa and melody at the famous ang mo kio crab bee hoon place. called mellben. the 4 ladies managed to wipe out 1 medium crab in the crab bee hoon claypot thing and 2 small crabs (butter crab and chilli crab), 1 plate of sambal kangkong and fried man tou. the food was SO good. although the price is steep and the queue is horrendously long, it is worth it. those who need the address and telephone no. (to call ahead and reserve) let me know. this is HIGHLY recommended.

on saturday night after ypg3, we had a successful surprise birthday party for mike at his own house. it was a night of good food and great company. i had nice people to make my poh piahs for me, like melody and marianne. thank you my dears.

on sunday night, i had dinner with some of my extended family at this coffee shop zi char place in toa payoh. very very good and affordable food! we had a 10-course meal comprising crabs (again) chicken scallops tofu vegetables sea cucumbers etc.

i'm a happy girl. (:

but the thing that makes me most happy is singing for the Lord. at teens worship on sunday, youth II choir presented the song "before the throne of God above" and it was really well done. from what i hear. it is a very meaningful song and that really helps with memorising and really singing the song from your heart. i'm always happy after an item. it makes me glad.

the week-long break is here. and i just spent the first day of it watching dvds and playing wii till my right hand is a little achy. haha. and i gave up on trying "the legend of zelda" due to the complicated instructions on how to use to wii remote to play it. i shall figure out slowly. soon. this will be my last break before going supposedly full-steam with exam prep. my last exams as an undergrad!! so exciting.

those things aside, i spend my days thinking about lots of things. and when i do that before i fall asleep, i have trouble falling asleep. (duh.) so many things have happened in the past month and i always wonder what lessons can God be trying to teach me through all these painful trials and tribulations. and things have been happening to people around me too. and sometimes it does scare me. and it is always a challenge to always remind myself to ask, "what would Jesus do?"

at the end of the month, i really hope that all these bad things will stop coming towards me now. i need some sanity in my life.

No comments: